[TYPO3] Extensions and GPL

Bjoern Kraus krausbn at php.net
Fri Sep 8 08:54:31 CEST 2006

Hello!

Starting developing our own extension we wondered whether a new
extension for TYPO3 has to be automatically licensed under the GPL. IMHO
as long as we don't change TYPO3's or any extension's code inside it's
files, every extension that USES the TYPO3-Framework (includes hooks and
xclasses) can be licensed in any way we want. Is that right?

Note: We already published some extensions in TER, but we have a special
customer who doesn't want to share the extensions we developed for him
since he wants to benefit from his investment.

Regards
Bjoern Kraus