[TYPO3] urgent - tc directmail not sending

Daniel Schledermann daniel at typoconsult.dk
Thu Sep 7 13:59:42 CEST 2006

Katja Lampela wrote:
> Hi,
> The status says "now sending" but nothing happens - cronjob is every
> other minute and real receivers are configured.

This just means that it has entered send mode, but doesnt warn you if
something goes wrong during the send.

> Test sending works ok.

Good sign.

> Another matter (which may explain to you gurus something) is if I try to
> put in the real receivers field two groups or if I put one there and
> another in test receivers I get error:
>
> Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: in
> /home/webadmin/novetos.planeetta.com/html/typo3conf/ext/tcdirectmail/class.tx_tcdirectmail_target.php
> on line 12

Have you upgraded from a pre-1.0.0 version. The older version uses a
different way to fetch the receivers that is not compatible with 1.0.0+.
  If you have indeed done such an update, you have to edit the receiver
record, select the correct receiver types and the save it. That should
clear your problem.

Also, go to the maintanence part, and make sure that there are no
invalid lock and stastitics on the page. This is know to happen if the
mailer crashes.

> I wouldn't dare to sent the mail as a testsend to over 1000 people - I
> suppose there is a risk of multiple postings if the testmail doesn't use
> cronjob. So - any ideas?
>
> And saddly enough this is an urgent matter, this plugin has worked
> before in other sites and I was trusting it to work - so I didn't try
> this "real sending" beforehand. :(
>
> Thanks thousands in advance of any idea concerning this!
>
> Katja

/Daniel (Author of tcdirectmail)