[TYPO3] getting my head around FE user accounts

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Tue Sep 5 04:02:57 CEST 2006

Hi all

I am trying to work out how one would set up front end registration for a
user account, where the user can choose between different types of
membership ie the front end user defines their own permissions.

Has anyone done this? How have you worked it out?

I have searched through the extensions for something that will do it, and
read through the sr_feuser_register manual - I wonder if those extra hooks
could be made to do it?

I want to do this to allow people setting up an account in one area to have
access to more information than people setting up access through the normal
public access - and yet I want that second group to be able to add the extra
access later if they wish.

Any suggestions?

Cate