[TYPO3] Running multiple sites, caching static pages?

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Mon Sep 4 20:36:29 CEST 2006

He Shiming wrote:

> I'm aware of the typo3 internal cache. But as far as performance is
> concerned, static files are still way faster than cached pages. You can test
> the performance on your own, and I'm sure you'll see the difference.

If you have full control of your server then you should try those 2:

1- Install eaccelerator
2- Install a second Apache server doing some proxy cache using TYPO3
hability to cache headers.

Article about eaccelerator effect:
http://typo3.org/development/articles/testing-and-tuning-typo3-performance/?tx_rlmpofficedocuments_pi1%5Bview%5D=single&cHash=45a565e1de
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Performance_tuning#Informal_Tests_with_Eaccelerator

Settings for Eaccelerator:
http://www.eaccelerator.net/wiki/Settings

TYPO3 Cache Header:
http://typo3.org/development/articles/using-cache-control-headers-in-typo3/?tx_rlmpofficedocuments_pi1%5Bview%5D=single&cHash=45a565e1de

My own performance test with EA + Cache Header went from 40
request/seconds to 400 requests/seconds.

The only thing I wanna add is that I didn't test the whole solution in
the wild...

Here's the proxy conf. I use on my Windows machine with Apache 2.2.x
last May:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
     ProxyRequests On
     ProxyVia On