[TYPO3] Direct Mail - fetch+compile gives error 'plain text content could not be fetched'

Jens Beckmann jensbeckmann at gmx.info
Mon Sep 4 11:35:26 CEST 2006

Dear list,

I am using Typo3 4.0.1 with Direct Mail 2.1.5. Everything works fine,
but one annoying problem appears when I want fetch and compile the
newsletter. I get the error "plain text content could not be fetched".

Even when I view the given link to the plain-text page,like
http://www.my-domain.com/index.php?id=216&type=99 there is only an empty
page with no content (also when reloading the page!).

The only thing that helps is to clear the FE-cache before fetching the
plain-text, but this is not a nice solution (my be-users should not
clear the cache)

This problem was a topic in this list in the last months, but there was
no solution so far. I also found nothing in the bugtracking list.

Is there any solution around?
Thank you very much

   Jens