[TYPO3] TS Setup for HTML Templates w/Template Selector

Ryan Hayle ryan.hayle at space150.com
Fri Sep 1 22:13:03 CEST 2006

Tell me if this makes sense, or if there's already a better way to do
this.  After I got the Page Template Selector extension working as
described in Modern Template Building, I wanted to make available the
ZenLight template from mediatech.net.  This template was not designed to
work with the Template Auto-parser extension, and requires an initial
typoscript setup file be copied into the template record.  That's cool
on it's own, but doesn't work well with the current Template Selector
extension.  I had to modify it quite a bit to get it to work.

What I'm proposing is to allow templates to have an associated
typoscript setup file along with the html file.  So there might be 3 files:
   template_1.html
   template_1.gif
   template_1.t3s
The extension would then automatically load typoscript in the .t3s file
when that template is selected (and could be automatically applied to
the whole page tree underneath).  These values could then be overridden
in an individual page's typoscript setup field.

Any thoughts?  Would this work or is there a better approach?

Thanks,
Ryan