[TYPO3] tt_news configuring

Nagita Karunaratne nagita.k at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 21:12:37 CEST 2006

I am having trouble getting tt_news mapped to the right column of my
template (using templavoila)

My Setup is ------------------

plugin.tt_news.templateFile = {$news.template}
plugin.tt_news.pid_list >
plugin.tt_news.pid_list = {$news.pidlist}
plugin.tt_news._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >

lib.news >
[globalVar= TSFE:id = {$uid.rootpage}]
lib.news = COA
lib.news.wrap = <div class="news-list">|</div>
lib.news.10 = HTML
lib.news.10.value = NEWS
lib.news.10.value.wrap = <div class="news-list-head">|</div>

lib.news.20 < plugin.tt_news
lib.news.20.code >
lib.news.20.code = LIST
lib.news.20.singlePid = {$news.singleview}
lib.news.20.backPid = {$uid.rootpage}
lib.news.20.archiveTypoLink >
lib.news.20.categoryMode = 1
lib.news.20.categorySelection = 2

The relevant part of my DS is ---------------

            <field_news type="array">
                <tx_templavoila type="array">
                    <title>news</title>
                    <sample_data type="array">
                        <numIndex index="0"></numIndex>
                    </sample_data>
                    <eType>TypoScriptObject</eType>
                    <eType_EXTRA type="array">
                        <objPath>lib.news</objPath>
                    </eType_EXTRA>
                    <TypoScriptObjPath>lib.news</TypoScriptObjPath>
                </tx_templavoila>
            </field_news>

And I think I mapped the 'news' element to the correct part of the template.

It is not showing anything in the right column.

I have a plugin (LIST) on the home page and one plugin (SINGLE) on a hidden
page reffering to a page that contains two news records and it works fine.

I am unable to find the error on the templavoia though.

Can anyone see anything wrong?

Thanks,
Nagita