[TYPO3] No RTE in T3 ver. 3.7.1

J.L. Reid jlreid at reidwrite.com
Tue Oct 31 23:09:37 CET 2006

First off, I can't update my core installation because of some server incompatibilities.  Nor can I change servers because my client secured hosting on her own before I was engaged in this project.

At any rate, I have T3 3.7.1 installed and everything seems to be working with the exception of editing pages.  In Firefox or IE if I click on a page title, the window that should have the editing box remains empty.

In Konquerer that same pane keeps the "To edit pages click on the page title" message that appears whenever you click on the page icon.

Oh, I'm using the appropriate version of Templavoila for this installation, and I have the classic page mode turned off.

Any ideas why I might not be able to edit pages?  If so, is this an easy problem to fix without having to upgrade T3?

Thanks for your help,

-jlr1001