[TYPO3] Indexed Search problems (hopefully new)

Pirkka Rannikko bircha at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:02:45 CET 2006

Hi!

I have a site (http://www.avecmobile.com) running on a Typo3 version
4.0 with Indexed Search 2.9.0 and Search Box for Indexed Search 2.2.0.
The Typo3 installation was updated from version 3.5 to version 4.0
this spring.

The problem is that the pages created after the Typo3 update won't
show up in the search results. I can see from the Indexing Engine
Statistics that Typo3 does index the pages.

I have the "page.config.index_enable = 1" line in my template SETUP
field and I have marked the search area with the
<!--TYPO3SEARCH_begin--> and <!--TYPO3SEARCH_end--> markers.

Also an interesting thing is that I can't define the starting point
for the Indexed Search plugin because there is no Startingpoint field
for this in the content element although the documentation says there
should be (http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/doc_indexed_search/current/view/1/2/).

I have also installed the Page Comments 1.0.8 plugin and after reading
through these mailing list archives I found that the plugin has this
kind of a value shown in the TS Object Browser: [no_cache]=1

I set it to 0 but didn't help. I have also done some front end
crawling manually while logged out of the BE but it didn't help
either. Changing the value managed only to disable the usage of the
plugin.

Should I uninstall the Indexed Search and try to install a newer
version (does it work with Typo3 4.0)? Or should I clear the the whole
index (how?) and try something... I am totally out of ideas (and yes I
have read every post on the English Archives with topics having
Indexed Search "something").

The site's indexing records look like this:

Records
index_phash: 904
index_words: 11147
index_rel: 282006
index_grlist: 963
index_section: 904
index_fulltext: 904
index_phash TYPES
TYPO3 page (0): 863/904

and this is one of the pages that don't show up in the search results:

837
Nokia E61 E62 review, smart...
31 K
585
26-10-06 19:55
30-10-06 11:02
897
1/1/1
1/NL
0

I will be very greatful of any help on this matter!

PS. Why can't plugins and their templates use XHTML and accessible
mark-up (Web standards)? It is an awful lot of work to rebuild them
before they can be used. I don't want to be ungreatful but after
cleaning up a few plugins I feel very frustrated. The whole idea of
having a plugin ready and running in a few minutes is inpossible
because people use mark-up of the 90's. A wide category of different
plugins should be Typo's strenght and not it's weakness!

--
Pirkka Rannikko - Freelance Graphics and Web Design
http://www.bircha.com