[TYPO3] tt_news - amenu (january - february etc.) for future items

Luc Franken [TenToday] typo3 at tentoday.com
Tue Oct 31 13:52:59 CET 2006

Hello everybody!

I got a very nice project where tt_news will be the main extension used.
  Although I found something which unfortunately is not possible
standard I think:

I would like to use the amenu option to create a menu like:

january - february - march -...... etcetera

But, the problem is: It is called ArchiveMenu, which does *not* work
with items in the future. Why is this so designed, why not just menu?
When I only want to show archived items I can also set that with TypoScript.

Or don't I understand the functionality well?

So in short: Can I make a menu which only shows the month names which
links to all items in that month?

Thanks in advance for your information!

Best regards,

Luc Franken

P.s. Did not get any response on the tt_news list so trying it here.