[TYPO3] thumbnail of external image

Stano Paška stanislav.paska at kios.sk
Tue Oct 31 10:36:14 CET 2006

Hi,

it is possible generate cached thumbnail from external image (given by url)?

In my plugin I fetch some detail about one item from external system and in one field(s) is url of image.
On the page I need display details about this item (done) and display thumbnail(s) of that image(s) with onclick_display_original functionality.

Has typo3 some system for external image retreival and generate thumbnail? Or I must create my own cache for original external images (with datetime comparation and retrieve updated item) and use only cObj->IMAGE object for generate thumbnail?

Thanks for answers/suggestions.

Stano.