[TYPO3] Dealing with 2.5 million commerce items...

Daniel Smedegaard Buus danielbuus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 09:11:55 CET 2006

JoH asenau wrote:

>> Are there any extensions doing something like this that I could look
>> at for inspiration? Is it possible? Difficult to do? A bad approach?
>>
>> I'm still very "searching" in my approach to problem-solving with
>> TYPO3, as the tutorials are my only practical experience as of now.
>> I'd like to stay as "true" to the TYPO3 "rules" in implementing this
>> so that I benefit as much as possible from the built-in functionality
>> and compatibility with other existing extensions.
>>
>> Am I making sense here?
>
> Check DB-check ;-)
> It's part of the core so it should be available as a default extension.
> One of the features is the "Full Search" tool.
> You can create your own queries by modifiying some input fields,
> selectboxes and checkboxes for each field in the "WHERE" clause.
> With actions you can use predefined search queries too.
>
> The result will be presented as a list of items that can be edited
> directly by clicking on a pencil icon. Closing the editing form will
> return you to the last result list.
>
> Once I made a modified standalone version called "Advanced DB Search",
> which has been implemented completely into DB check of T3 4.0 - You can
> still use it if you want to enable non admins to use the querybuilder,
> which is not possible with DB check. So maybe it can serve you as a base
> to create your own improved version.

Oh boy, that looks fantastic! :D I think that might just save me a week's
work! :) Is the "Full Search" easy to extend / snag out of its current
context and integrate into my own extension? I'm sorry if I sound like a
newbie - but don't worry, I have until August 31st 2007 to work on this, so
that situation will *change* ;)

This thing combined with "multiple simultaneous record editing" on selected
fields would be *really* cool. Maybe, if I'm not too much off-standards, I
could contribute with such functionality :) Or maybe it's already possible?

> Let me know if I can help you with it.

You're very kind, thank you! Seeing as I'm on this project for this long,
I'll probably come running later on ;)

> Joey

Cheers, and thanks a bunch!

Daniel :)