[TYPO3] spell checker revisited

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Mon Oct 30 18:34:36 CET 2006

Hi,

When I click the spell checker icon in the htmlArea RTE tool bar, I got
the Spell Checker popup with "Error! No pages are found on the rootlevel!"
in it.
I also installed the spell checker services and wizard extensions.  But
they cannot find errors.

We use:

typo3 3.8.1
rtehtmlarea 1.0.0
sr_static_info 1.4.6

# /usr/bin/aspell -v
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.50.5)

I've been searching the mailing list archives regarding spell checker but
so far just found questions without any solutions.  I noticed our aspell
is of 0.50.5.  And I read aspell 0.6 is required.  Is that part of the
issue.  I'm asking because I saw somebody say that doesn't solve the
problem either.  We're getting aspell upgrade anyway.

Anybody has success with either the RTE integrated spell checker or the
spell checker wizard?  How did you make it work?

Thanks in advance,

Bing