[TYPO3] 'insert records' prerequisites

Antonio Nikolic nikolic at intime.de
Mon Oct 30 17:20:05 CET 2006

Hi List

May anyone point me to a documentation - or explain - the requirements
for displaying records from custom extensions via "INSERT RECORDS"?

I hardly found ANYTHING about that topic.
I actually created a working extension with the kickstarter, where I
also initially enabled the option which enables records to be selected
by "insert records". This works fine: I can select my records via
"INSERT RECORDS". And what next?? The plugin does no output at all. Not
even a simple 'print Hello World' directly in main() method.

In my extension there exists a method for displaying single records. I
guess I somehow have to teach "Insert Records" to pass the record's uids
to that special function, don't I? Or is it the other way around? Do I
have to implement a well-known method which "Insert Record" calls
anytime it has to display a record?

I tried to understand how that all works by looking and various
extensions - but none seem to use a "standard" way.

So what exactly IS the way to do it - what exactly happens there?

Any hint and help would really be appreciated.

best regards
antonio