[TYPO3] E-mail not working?

A.Neves acseven at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 29 10:37:04 CET 2006

Hello,

I have installed typo3some time ago and skipped the e-mail configuration to
concentrate on learning other typo3 stuff.

Sending a test mail from the install tool apparently doesn't work. I have no
direct access to my host, so I can't alter the e-mail server's configuration
quickly (that is if they even would do it).

My host runs a windows installation, and searching for "mail like" reference
in phpinfo I can find:

sendmail_from    me at example.com   me at example.com

sendmail_path    no value     no value

SMTP                localhost        localhost

smtp_port       25       25

MAILENABLE_PATHC:\\PROGRA~1\\MAILEN~1

That said, I have no idea whatsoever on how to configure e-mail in typo3, so
any comment would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

A.Neves