[TYPO3] How to transfer large amount of data into a table content element?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Fri Oct 27 18:39:48 CEST 2006

Hello Andreas,

> Hello Bing Du,
>
> Bing Du wrote:
>> I can create a empty table content element and find out its page/element
>> id and use SQL commands to get the data inserted into the database maybe
>> by little scripting. Â Any better and efficient way to do that? Â I wish
>> the
>> table function in the RTE could let me import data from an external file
>> (e.g. CSV format) into a predefined table structure. Â But it's not
>> possible with the htmlArea RTE 1.0.0 I'm using on typo3 3.8.1.
>
> If you can create a CSV file you might be able to use the CE "Table" and
> insert the CSV data there and adjust the settings for "Table parsing" if
> needed.

Thanks for your response.  I just notice 'Table parsing' is not available
on typo3 3.8.1 which is the version we are running now.  But I found it on
our test typo3 4.0.2 server.  Seems like the CE "table" can only accept
plain text.  Even with 'Table parsing' being added, what CE "Table" can do
is still so limited.  Without using raw html tags, I cannot insert images,
cannot get e-mail addresses protected, cannot insert a link,...  Please
correct me if I'm wrong.

Bing