[TYPO3] Can't Login As Admin After New T3 Install..

jlreid at reidwrite.com jlreid at reidwrite.com
Fri Oct 27 04:46:19 CEST 2006

This is the first time I've experienced this problem.

I just downloaded Typo3 version 4.0.2 from typo3.org and tried a fresh
installation on a linux server running PHP 4.3.9.  After running the
1-2-3 install wizard I tried logging into the backend and couldn't.

Here's my error message:

Your login attempt did not succeed. Make sure to spell your username
and password correctly, including upper/lowercase characters.

I'm sure that I'm typing everything correctly.  I even logged into the
database and, using phpmyadmin, deleted the admin user account and
created another via the T3 install tool.  My login attempts still
failed.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If so, what do I need to do
to successfully gain access to my backend area?

Thanks for your help,

J.L.