[TYPO3] Second GMENU entry

André Hänsel andre at webkr.de
Wed Oct 25 12:47:22 CEST 2006

Hello list,

I'm building a horizontal GMENU with the first level in the upper row and
the second level in the lower row. The second row should be aligned left
with the first one.

To visualize it: (Entry3 ist active):

Entry1 Entry2 Entry3 Entry4
              Entry3.1 Entry3.2 Entry3.3

It's a normal GMENU, not GMENU_LAYERS.

I can imagine two possible solutions, but neither of them completely:
- I could set the second row to "position: absolute;", but then I must get
Typo3 to put the second level row _before_ the respective first level entry
in the HTML code, otherwise the second level row would begin exactly at that
horizontal position where the first level entry ends.
- I could move the second level row to the left, but then I must know the
width of the respective first level entry. I had to access the width of
temp.menu.1.10 (the GIFBUILDER object) from within temp.menu.2.

Any ideas?

Regards,
André