[TYPO3] Changing the rendering of a single content element

Vlatko Šurlan vlatko at RMVCAPSnet.hr
Wed Oct 25 11:40:35 CEST 2006

Erik Svendsen wrote:

> I don't think it was there at the really old versions - before 1.2.3
> (who you shouldn't use at all, except for TYPO3 versions before 3.6.2).
> So then you understand why everyone assumes you having flexform.
>
> Then you either have wrong version of tt_news or your installation is
> broken. I have never used it without flexform, and I have used it since
> May 2004. If you have a tt_news version before 1.2.3 and are running
> TYPO3 3.6.2 and newer, you should upgrade your tt_news. The manual tells
> how to update.
>
> If you have a newer version of tt_news, try to reinstall it.

My version is 1.0.4. I have no clue how I got to use such an old
version. I think I recall trying to upgrade, but it broke my templates
so I reverted back. Question: will my old templates work on the new
version of tt_news if I just copy them over?

> Of course it has that kind of mechanism, but because the news-items
> aren't in tt_content this isn't of any help in this case. And a lot of
> extensions save the actual items in their own tables, and only the
> plugin itself are a tt_content object.

Well this is strange. Perhaps I misimagined the whole process in my
head. This is how I see it. Typo3 reads tt_content element by element,
determines the type of each content element and calls an appropriate
object to render the content element. So, for tt_news, it just loads the
tt_news plugin to render that specific news plugin content element. Now,
what I imagined, was beeing able to say to typo3 (via TS): when you run
into a content element with id of lets say 5, which happens to be
tt_news plugin instance on a page (not a news item) don't use the
standard tt_news plugin object to render it but instead use mine, a
slightly modified one. Is there a way to do this?

> If you have an "to" old version of tt_news, the TS don't help either. If
> the problem is only the missing flexform, and your tt_news are a newer
> version, then the TS will give you the wanted result.
>
> This make me giving an advice. When asking for help, always give
> information about which version of TYPO3, extensions and so on you are
> using.

Thanks for the info. You are the first one providing me with anything
useful. Much appreciated. My typo3 is 3.8.0, tt_news is 1.0.4.