[TYPO3] tt_news LATEST number of words

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Wed Oct 25 08:58:06 CEST 2006

Hello Ryan,

> How can I change the maximum number of words which is displayed in
> the LATEST view of a tt_news posting?
>
> Basically, I have a LATEST tt_news item on my home page. By default
> it only shows one line of text. I'd like it to show about 4 lines of
> text (about 200 words). I see how to set it for the SINGLE view, but
> not the LATEST view.
>
> I've checked the manual, but possibly I missed something.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Ryan Off

If you want to configure it through TS, following code will help.

plugin.tt_news.displayLatest.subheader_stdWrap {
  crop = 200 | ... | 1
  ifEmpty.field = bodytext
}

You use the same code for list (displayList instead of displayLatest)

Else it can be configured for each instance of the plugin through the flexform,
Template, stdWrap.crop for the subheader.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no