[TYPO3] TemplaVoila javascript errors

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 23:58:10 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 10/24/06, Cameron Day <typo3english at cameron32.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply, Chris.
>
> Browser is vanilla IE 6.0.2  on WinXP SP2.
> TV version is 0.4.0  (The only version that was shown when I searched
> it in the ext manager)
> The error occurs in any module where the drop down menu for an icon
> includes a TV extension.  Some examples: TV > Storage Folder > DS
> icon.    Also filelist > templates > html icon next to my uploaded template.
>
> Nothing on my OS that is stopping java.  No Norton, and other java
> menus that don't have TV extensions within the typo3 admin work fine.
>
> I'm guessing something went wrong with the install, or there is a
> version compatibility issue with 4.0.2 and TV 0.4.0 -- Not sure if
> there is a newer version of TV out there.  I will try the other group as well.

I'd try the following:

1. Upgrade TV to the current version 1.1.1 (0.4.0 is quite old at this
point...). You can do this from the extension manager in the BE,

2. Completely reload the BE frameset once the new version of TV is installed,

3. If the error persists, try the problem-creating steps in a browser
like firefox where you can get /meaningful/ line numbers in the JS
errors (the line numbers in the JS errors in IE are often as good as
meaningless).

--
Christopher Torgalson