[TYPO3] Cache_hash is growing too fast

Ricardo Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Tue Oct 24 19:44:03 CEST 2006

    Hi all!

    Just for the record, I've found what was causing my cache_hash table
to grow out of proportions. I'll explain the problem here briefly just
in case anyone else experiences the same problem.

    It looks like robots out there were trying to index all pages
generated by the Calendar Base extension (extension key "cal"). Once you
hit a page of a specific date, the extension creates links to the
previous and next year, month, week, which in turn has links to the next
and previous period, entering a loop. And content (about 50 to 150KB)
was being cached on cache_hash table at every hit in an endless loop.

    I am not sure whether I misconfigured the extension, but hiding the
pages where the plugin was present and turning off the extension seemed
to have solved the problem. Is anyone else out there using that
extension and now experiencing the problem of growth of cache_hash
table? I would love to hear about it.

    Cheers,

Ricardo