[TYPO3] Changing the rendering of a single content element

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Oct 24 12:50:33 CEST 2006

Hello Vlatko,

> You know, it is interesting how everyone assumes I have flexform
> access for my news item. It makes me think that maybee my tt_news
> installation is broken because I do not have the flexform for tt_news
> configuration. So my additional question is: is flexform configuration
> available for all tt_news versions?

I don't think it was there at the really old versions - before 1.2.3 (who
you shouldn't use at all, except for TYPO3 versions before 3.6.2). So then
you understand why everyone assumes you having flexform.

Then you either have wrong version of tt_news or your installation is broken.
I have never used it without flexform, and I have used it since May 2004.
If you have a tt_news version before 1.2.3 and are running TYPO3 3.6.2 and
newer, you should upgrade your tt_news. The manual tells how to update.

If you have a newer version of tt_news, try to reinstall it.

> So this is my situation.
>
> I have one page with two instances of the news plugin. No flexform
> access to configure it. The instances are added to the page via
> backend not by TS. So I was wondering if I can change settings for
> these instances. If I cannot do that I must set them up entirely in
> the TS and add them to the pages via TS also.
>
> I find it hard to believe that Typo does not provide a mechanism to
> intercept standard tt_content rendering and tell the rendering
> mechanism to render some elements differently.

Of course it has that kind of mechanism, but because the news-items aren't
in tt_content this isn't of any help in this case. And a lot of extensions
save the actual items in their own tables, and only the plugin itself are
a tt_content object.

If you have an "to" old version of tt_news, the TS don't help either. If
the problem is only the missing flexform, and your tt_news are a newer version,
then the TS will give you the wanted result.

This make me giving an advice. When asking for help, always give information
about which version of TYPO3, extensions and so on you are using.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no