[TYPO3] MySQL: using InnoDB instead of MyISAM tables

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Sat Oct 21 12:56:48 CEST 2006

Hi,

I recently ran into performance troubles with slow queries caused by
indexed search.
Digging into MySQL, I realized, that I use MyISAM Tables for TYPO3. The
MySQL reference praise InnoDB as a more performant solution than MyISAM.
I am not a DB lowlevel expert, so I ask you for some advice.

Does TYPO3 use any InnoDB (or MyISAM) specific features?
Is there a chance to boost my performance using InnoDB instead of MyISAM?
Will I run into troubles, once I convert all tables und use InnoDB as
default?

Thank you!

--
cheers,