[TYPO3] Different settings for two instances of tt_news on the same page

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Sat Oct 21 12:34:09 CEST 2006

Hello Vlatko,

> Roberto Torresani wrote:
>
>> I "think" that the only solution is to have two page with the two
>> instance
>> of tt_news. In one page you set general variable of tt_news to 1 and
>> in
>> the other to 5.
>> After you do a master page where you select the components
>> of the two page.
> I doubt there is an "only solution" to anything when it comes to
> typo3. I believe there is a trivial solution to this. I just need some
> of the gurus to have mercy on me and spill it out.

The solution is "trivial". If you have inserted both tt_news instances as
normal page content element, you can use the flexform to configure them,
different starting pages, different numbers of "post", different template
and so on. You can have as many instances as you want, where the first instance
shows news nr 1 in list views, second shows news nr 2 - 5 in latest view
and so on.

There are even some explanation in the manual.

Exactly the same is possible using TypoScript.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no