[TYPO3] how to generate realurl for a page hidden in menu?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Fri Oct 20 20:47:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

Typo3 3.8.1
realurl

The page tree is like:

www.sitename.edu
  -page1
  -page2 (hide in menu)

I created a new page2 which is hidden in menu.  I tried to access page2
via http://www.sitename.edu/page2 but got page not found.  Pagepath under
Speaking Url Management for page2 is empty.

Then I cleared the 'hide in menu' checkbox for page2, went back to the
browser and was able to see page2 in the menu.  I clicked page2.  After
that, if I directly go to http://www.sitename.edu/page2 again, now it
shows up fine.  And realurl is filled in the Pagepath field under Speaking
Url Management.

So my question is can realurl be generated only after the page is visible
in the menu and clicked in the browser?  How Pagepath in Speaking Url
Management is generate in the first place?

This is a production server.  page2 is still in the under construction phase.

Please advise.  Thanks in advance.

Bing