[TYPO3] user group configuration

Rakowski Tomasz raczek at open.infi.pl
Fri Oct 20 18:50:25 CEST 2006

Hello list!

I have a small problem with user groups in BE:

there will be one suer-priviledged group in system, let's call those
lucky ones 'almost-admin' group.
there is also another group, more limited in their actions, called
'editors' group.

Because most of pages and content will be created by 'editors' but I
want 'almost-admins' to have access to these sites I added 'editors' to
  SubGroups of 'almost-admins' so 'almost-admins' can now modify
anything created by the second group.

But I dont understand one thing: 'almost-admins' can put News ext on
site as they dont have Deny News checked on Pagecontent: Plugin list
whereas 'editors' are not allowed to do that, so Disable News is
checked. But as turns out neither 'editors' nor 'almost-admins' can put
this kind of ext as a page content. When I uncheck this Disable News in
'editors' conf, plugin appears in the list of plugins possible to be added.

What is wrong? Thx for any help!

racco