[TYPO3] frontend users for certain pages - how?

Brian Bendtsen bb at bellevuevej.dk
Thu Oct 19 16:28:24 CEST 2006

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> I'm sure this is a trivial task, but after looking in the backend, I'm
> not sure how to do this: how does one limit access to certain webpages
> to some users?
>
> I guess one has to:
>
> 1) create front end users,
> 2) configure a given page in the backend so that it can be accessed only
> by certain users
>

> The backend doesn't show any obvious options; extension manager shows
> countless extensions with "frontend user" in name or description.
> Google also doesn't give any easy hints.
>

> How can I manage front end users and the pages they are allowed to
> access in a simple way?
>
> As I imagine this, in the backend I create/manage the users and pages,
> and in the frontend, if someone wants to access
> http:://server/restricted, he/she is presented a login page.

Hi

Create a new page, alter the type to sysFolder and give it a title, save
and close.

Press the folder icon in page tree, select new.

Now you can create frontend usergroups and after that a frontend user.

All pages have an general access option in the bottom. Maybe you need to
show all options(Im using a danish version, but its something like that)

Now you can select which frontend usergroups should have access to this
page.

/Brian Bendtsen