[TYPO3] tt_news and article ranking

Alain Schaefer alani at easc.ch
Thu Oct 19 14:32:39 CEST 2006

Nino wrote:
> "Alain Schaefer" <alani at easc.ch> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1.1161195217.17660.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hi Nino,
>>
>> Nino wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Does anybody knows if it's possible to put a ranking system on tt_news
>>> articles? So, what i want is to write some news and people to be able to
>>> give that news marks, stars, whatever.. Maybe there is some extension to
>>> tt_news that does this? Thx.
>> I have done this a couple of days ago with tt_rating. But I had to do
>> some changes in the plugin. You can find a description in my forum post
>> at http://www.typo3.net/forum/list/list_post//49619/
>> It is german but most of it is typoscript & php anyway.
>>
>> I did send the mentioned changes/patch to the tt_rating maintainer rene
>> fritz. Unfortunately I have not got any response if these changes will
>> be merged into tt_rating.
>
> Thx Alain. I have installed tt_rating, made changes to the plugin and insert
> your TS code, but what now? Do i need to put sample setup from the plugin
> into TSetup? Thx.
>
> Nino

yes you have to include the static template rating (tt_rating) in your
main template. Then on the single_view of your tt_news you should see
the rating under/beside the news title. If you want to put the rating
somewhere else eg. on the list view you have to adapt the typoscript

#Add the rating form after the title
plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.title_stdWrap {
         postCObject < temp.rating
         innerWrap = <h1>|</h1>
}

[]s,