[TYPO3] Problem editing html files in the file module

Peter Gallagher pgallagher at electricretina.com
Wed Oct 18 19:13:37 CEST 2006

Peter Gallagher wrote:
> I cannot edit the html files that I use for my templates. The file
> module will only return a blank page in the frame. If I try to upload
> new files to over-write them the files are not uploaded, the file module
> returns a blank page.
>
> Please note that I can upload other files, small ones and larger files,
> but the two html files (8k) will not upload. Other files of the same
> size will upload fine. It is just driving me crazy.
>
> Error in IE 6: Action Canceled. Internet Explorer was unable to link to
> the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.
>
> I need some help because I cannot ftp the files to the server because of
> permissions that cannot be changed via ftp and I cannot edit the files
> in typo3!
>
> typo3: v4.0.2
>
> I have the setting doNotCheckRefer = 1 because I was unable to upload
> any files.

Ok, I will talk to myself for a while. I have been trying to find out if this is a bug or
not. I have two different typo3 installations, one is v4 and the other is v4.0.2 both
exhibit the same problem. when I try to upload these specific html files the file-upload
fails, but it fails without throwing an error. When I check the log in the system there is
no record of the attempt to upload the file.

Is there something in the file-browser code that would fail based on the contents of the
files?

How do I turn debugging on to try to get a message output that would tell whats happening?

Thanks for listening,

Peter Gallagher