[TYPO3] urgent help needed

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Oct 18 16:29:34 CEST 2006

Please note that using a real name is a suggestion,
it is NOT a obligation!!

See: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html

I think we should stop 'scanning' the mailing list for people
without a real name and respond to that...

I remember a nice occasion on this list, somebody
from Spain posted a messages under the name Jesus.
However in Spain that is a common name,
But we 'the list' responded as in-appropriate...

thanks,
Ries

> Calm down Ian...
>
> There has to be some basis or judgement, and it is common sense, and I'm
> sorry but Dmitry is correct in assuming that Rocky Ou would more likely
> than not be someones real name!
>
> I'm sure that Dmitry didn't mean any offence at all, he merely didn't
> believe that it was a real name. And tbh I didn't either (I thought it
> was a pseudonym as usually that's what people use on a ML).
>

> cousins at cousins wrote:
>
>> Except that he didn't hide his identity .. his name _is_ Rocky Ou - you
>> made an assumption that his name was a nome-de-plume - when will you
>> guys accept that not everyone has a name like Franz or Dmitry or John or
>> Ian.....
>>
>> Ian
>>
>> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>>

>>> Hi!

>>> No problem. But there are mailing lists rules. Since this is not a
>>> commercial support, many people are willing to help those, who
>>> identify themselves. If people choose to hide their identity from me,
>>> why should I help them? :) It is as simple as that.

Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer
=== Private:
email: ries at vantwisk.nl