[TYPO3] GIF --> JPEG

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Oct 17 22:45:38 CEST 2006

>> <TypoScript>
>>     10 = IMAGE
>>     10.file = GIFBUILDER
>>     10.file {
>>         format = jpg
>>         XY = 300,195
>>         blah
>>     }
>> </TypoScript>
>>
>> Joey
>>

> Thanks for the tip - but that wasn´t exatly what I needed. :-)
>
> The reason for choosing jpeg was to get nice looking truecolor images
> instead of the not-so-nice looking 8bit images. I guess that I have to
> rewrite the code - but I´m not sure what to do. :-)

Then you will have to go to your install setup and change the GFX settings
there.
You can increase the JPG quality, set truecolor rendering and PNG output.
But this will only work if you have GDlib2 available, since GDlib1 will
always render 8bit regardless of your settings.

To get more info about GIFBUILDER quality read this:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/GIFBUILDER_QUALITY

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de