[TYPO3] captions and links for random images?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:49:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 10/17/06, Bing Du <bdu at iastate.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're using wag_randomimage 1.3.1 on typo3 3.8.1.  When I insert the
> plugin, under Images Directory, there is only one Link field.  So the
> clickable random images will all go to the same place that the link points
> to.  I'm not clear what the Link field is intended for.  But what we want
> is for each random image to have its own caption and link.  Is that
> possible?

You might want to check out this thread in the archive:

http://support.typo3.org:8080/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=268093&#268093

In it JoH shows how to randomly select content elements--so you could
e.g. build Flexible Content Elements with any set of fields you need,
store them in one (or more) sysfolder(s) and randomly select them...

-Christopher