[TYPO3] Problem editing html files in the file module

Peter Gallagher pgallagher at electricretina.com
Tue Oct 17 21:25:08 CEST 2006

I cannot edit the html files that I use for my templates. The file
module will only return a blank page in the frame. If I try to upload
new files to over-write them the files are not uploaded, the file module
returns a blank page.

Please note that I can upload other files, small ones and larger files,
but the two html files (8k) will not upload. Other files of the same
size will upload fine. It is just driving me crazy.

Error in IE 6: Action Canceled. Internet Explorer was unable to link to
the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

I need some help because I cannot ftp the files to the server because of
permissions that cannot be changed via ftp and I cannot edit the files
in typo3!

typo3: v4.0.2

I have the setting doNotCheckRefer = 1 because I was unable to upload
any files.