[TYPO3] "sys_language_softMergeIfNotBlank" for pages not working?

Franz Koch typo at fx-graefix.de
Tue Oct 17 10:37:26 CEST 2006

Hi list,

I've got one small question:
"Is sys_language_softMergeIfNotBlank for pages not working?"

I've set up a multilingual site with 2 languages. Everything works fine and as expected - besides of one thing. For a menu (content type "sitemap/menu") I defined to render a small graphic in front of the menu item with the image given in pages:media. The image is added in default language and is shown as expected. Since the image is not language sensitive - I'd like to use the image from the default language if no image has been added especially for a translated page.
For tt_content fields everything is working fine if I define them in "sys_language_softMergeIfNotBlank". But it seems not to work for pages.

My TS:
config.sys_language_softMergeIfNotBlank = pages:media, tt_content:image, tt_content:header,...

Any ideas?
--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch