[TYPO3] Extension templates

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Sun Oct 15 21:07:54 CEST 2006

Just out of curiosity can anyone provide me with some details on where I
can learn more about extension templates...

Personally I find them very hard to manage and prefer to use as few
templates as possible as I find having templates spread everywhere a
frustrating thing and hard to manage them often.  I instead use either
included files or conditionals with in the template.

I don't need information about what they are or how they work
(implementation and typoscript) or how to use them. What I am interested
in is:

- does using an include file in my setup have pros/cons and how does it
effect the time it takes to generate a page?
  (put in using <INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT: source="FILE: fileadmin/include.txt">)

- does using conditionals ina template have pros/cons and what impact it
has on page generation?
(a conditional like [gloablVar = TSFE:id=3] )

- does having multiple typoscript templates have a pro/con and how does
it effect pages generation?

hope that makes sense.