[TYPO3] htmlareaRTE vs tinyRTE

Tom Henely HenelyT at crown.edu
Fri Oct 13 01:04:19 CEST 2006

Dear list,
  Our institution is considering options for our RTE.  It seems that
tinyRTE is better suited for our organization.  We have a lot of MS Word
users that like to copy and paste, and the remove formatting in
htmlareaRTE wasn't working well for most of them.  Do any of you have
experience with the little in-ands-outs of each editor, and perhaps
suggestions for transitioning from htmlarea to tinyRTE any easier?

Just for reference, we're about 95% MS Windows/IE, running Typo3 4.0.2
on a SuSE 10.1 box inhouse.  It's imperative that we keep whatever
solution we have compatible with IE.  I've had to disable the
inlinepopups in tinyRTE because they would not allow local filelinks in
IE (but work fine in FF).

Thanks,
Tom Henely