[TYPO3] Anyone using eclipse?

Ryan Hayle ryan.hayle at space150.com
Tue Oct 10 17:33:22 CEST 2006

Christoph Koehler wrote:
> On a side note, phpeclipse are dropping dbg support to favor xdebug.

This sounds promising.  I tried phpeclipse and for various reasons, not
all of which I recall a the moment, I just didn't like it.  Now I'm
using Zend's php-ide and it works fairly well, but performance isn't
great and I haven't gotten the debugger working.  I'd much rather use
Xdebug as it seems to be a standard compared with Zend's proprietary
debug protocol.  Also I'm not sure if you have to pay for Zend's
debugger.  One thing Zend seems to be missing is the ability to exclude
directories from the build, which means it takes forever since I include
the whole typo3 source so that I can get docs and code-completion for
all typo3 functions.

So, what particular php eclipse extensions do people prefer and why?

Cheers,
Ryan