[TYPO3] Anyone using eclipse?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Oct 10 09:27:12 CEST 2006

Hi!

Mario Rossi wrote:
> What do you check in as a project? Only the extension you're working on?
> Or the whole typo3 installation? How do you deploy?

I have typo3 source as one project and each of my extensions as another project. I make symlinks (junctions on windows) from web home to eclipse workspace. My web folder looks like:

fileadmin
typo3 -> workspace\typo3-head\typo3
t3lib -> workspace\typo3-head\t3lib
typo3temp
typo3conf
    \ext
        \realurl -> workspace\tx_realurl
uploads
index.php

Here typo3-head is a project for typo3 source and tx_realurl is project for realurl. When I need to commit realurl, I simply breal the link, remove ".svn" and commit. Then copy modified ext_emconf.php back to tx_realurl and recreate a link in web folder.

> I ask because I'm not used to IDEs. Usually I edit all the files directly
> on my local machines httpdocs directory, but eclipse needs to have
> projects/workspaces. Do you export/import files or set your whatever
> httpdocs directory as the projects workspace?

Basically, I answered above :) It differs a bit when you use windows or linux but principals are the same.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs