[TYPO3] Changing default language

Rosina Bignall public at rosinabignall.com
Mon Oct 9 21:53:36 CEST 2006

I have a site that was originally set up with German as the default
language and English and French as foreign languages (One Tree
approach).  I also installed RealURL and have it working.

Now, I want to change the default language to English.  I switched
things around and it's working okay.  But the URLs for english are

http://www.learnersvillage.com/site/de.html
or without Real URL
http://www.learnersvillage.com/site/index.php?id=1&L=0

and the URL for the german side are

http://www.learnersvillage.com/site/en.html
or without RealURL
http://www.learnersvillage.com/site/index.php?id=1&L=1

Obviously, the de and en are backwards.

I've rechecked everything, but I must be missing something.  Can anyone
suggest where I might look to find out what's going on?

In my template, I have

config {
   linkVars = L
   sys_language_uid = 0
   language = en
   locale_all = english
   pageTitleFirst = 1
   xhtml_cleaning = all
   doctypeSwitch = {$doctypesw_cond}
   htmlTag_langKey = en
}
# German language, sys_language.uid = 1
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
#config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback ; 0
config.language = de
config.locale_all = de_DE
config.htmlTag_langKey = de
[global]
# French language, sys_language.uid = 2
[globalVar = GP:L = 2]
config.sys_language_uid = 2
#config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback ; 0
config.language = fr
config.locale_all = fr_FR
config.htmlTag_langKey = fr
[global]

RealURL configuration is from URLtool.

The template is based on YAML and was simply modified from the T3D file.
   I'd ask on the YAML forum, but it's all german and though I can read
most of it, I'd really struggle to ask a comprehensible question.

Thanks for the help!

Rosina
http://www.learnersvillage.com/site/