[TYPO3] Bottled water - Site proposal

Snip (tm) lists at snippe.ca
Mon Oct 9 17:12:31 CEST 2006

As part of a planning process regarding a website to serve as an
informational repository/ newsroom / portal/ authority site on the
bottled water market/industry in Canada, we would like to tender a
request for proposals. Below we have listed a set of modules/capabilities
which we expect will meet the needs of this site.... suggestions are
welcome in that regard as well.  We would like to extend an invitation to
persons capable of enabling these technologies to submit preliminary
reactions and proposals, including (when appropriate) an approximation of
timeframes and costs.

We expect that Typo3 will easily meet the need.  However, I have
downloaded and worked with it a bit, and have concluded that I have
neither the time or sufficient ability to currently work it out myself
(at least not expeditiously, and we'd rather have it up and running
sooner!), so am coming to the community.

Please send email responses directly to john at snippe.ca (please, not to
this list!) with subject "Bottled water - Site proposal" .  Please also
be aware that we will not be replying to any responses until October 19th
at the earliest.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

The requirements:
1... Articles: submitted/published by members previously veted by admin
(per user management below)
2... Blog:  commentable by logged on members, and again can accept
submissions as above
3... News:  with a 'teaser' front page, archives, and RSS for overall.
Possibly an RSS infeed as well, tho probably not controllable enough vis-
a-vis content to be tenable. Permalink-enabled as with blog, but no comments.
(Note: 1-3 above to be somewhat WYSIWYG-enabled for input formatting via
css-tag referencing.  However, this need not be extensive)
4... Forum:  at least two... general public, though must provide
username/email (via double opt-in) to post, and an Insider forum
5... Listserv:  hooked to the fora above (can read/write via either)
input/output must be Ascii (plain text), rather than RTF/HTML.
7... Business Directory (listings viewable by category/location/priority.
 Statistics required for clickthrough from this area
6... Full avertisement (text/banner) management, again including
clickthrough statistics.
7... User management:  Member (for blog comments, newsletters, ect),
Insider, and administrative. There may be several additional layers
within the admin and Insider areas as well.  Member to be via double opt-
in (webform sign-up and subsequent email response).  Insider to be via
webform and manual management (later, by ecomm methods)
8... Form generation / output management
9... Email newsletter subscription services for Member and Insider, as
well as  creation / mailout of these newsletters.  One of the services to
be a daily/weekly 'pseudo-rss" where teasers of all the new articles/blog
entries/ news entries for the week are sent to opt-in subscriber/
members... this pseudo-rss to be fully automated.  .

Optional:
10... E-comm as a potential future expansion
11... Multiple polls/surveys with live results displayed or withheld, at
admin discretion

Notes and additional parameters:
- Site to be served by Linux/Apache/PHP/MySQL
- Site to be CSS-defined for layout (divs rather than tables) with SEO-
centric source-ordered content.
- Searchability: Full site/ specific area /(option: + WWW?)
- Readable URL formatting (directory-drilling preferred)
- Comprehensive back-end-generated sitemap (optionally with 'description'
meta info)
- Google Sitemap enabled with automated (timed? On addition of new
content?) update/resubmit routine
- Reasonably straightforward template-manipulation potential (optional:
delivery of sol with the front-end already in place based on supplied
parameters/imagery)
- Image manipulation/creation (imagemagick)
- Both user-defined (how the user actually got to a particular page) and
directory-drill-down mousetrails
- All outbound links to be automatically -blank (new tab/window)  No
inside links other than "Help" buttons (which will spawn a popup) to be
so automated.
- All public input areas must be fully flood/spam controllable

As a final note:  this is NOT a request for a fully-worked-out quotation.
 We are basically attempting to ascertain whether this is a feasible
route for us to be taking, so please, if you choose to respond do not
invest half-a-day on this at this point!

Thank you!

later,
      John Snippe