[TYPO3] Which photogallery?

Jozef Uhliarik uhliarik_jozef at ztsnam.sk
Mon Oct 9 07:02:23 CEST 2006

Thank you Ryan.
This is the answer that I waited for.
What do you think about BAHAG Photo Gallery?

Jozef

"Ryan Off" <ryan at ryanoff.com> píse v diskusním príspevku
news:mailman.8720.1160137558.20124.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
In my opinion, I haven't found any of the Typo3 photogalleries to be
all that great. I have been using the popular "lz_gallery", but have
now run into limitations in that I want the ability to have slideshow
functionality and I have also had many issues with it building
thumbnails and not showing the original size of the photo. It is
probably miss configuration, but alas, I am just about to give up on
it. I have also used Simple Gallery, although I also feel it does not
have the needed features. Recently, I gave photobook (goof_fotoboek)
a try, but I feel this is also a pretty minimal photo gallery. If you
want complete Typo3 integration, my recommendation would be with
"lz_gallery".

If you would like a more full featured photo gallery, you might want
to look at Gallery2 (gallery.menalto.com). There has finally been a
Typo3 extension to bring this great photo gallery in to Typo3
(gallery2, accessible in the extension repository online) . I have
not yet configured it, so I can not verify, although I have heard
good reviews and I will be implementing this soon. To use Gallery2,
you will need to download and install the Gallery2 system which is
seperate from Typo3 to your webserver, then configure the gallery2
extension to bring it in to Typo3. I have been waiting for this
extension to be built for a while and will now be attempting to
implement it.

I would also like to see a more cohesive photogallery project started
with Typo3. I'm not sure why 10+ photo galleries have all separately
been designed for Typo3, but hopefully the new method of developing
Typo3 extensions will lead to the creation of a team to handle these
important extensions.

Ryan Off