[TYPO3] No tutorials?

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Sun Oct 8 19:15:50 CEST 2006

oh please Mario, this is rubbish! Or maybe I find it easier due to being
an native english speaker.

> Notice: If you enter a string as value this [refers to value? I am sure
> 98%, not 100%]

the typoscript object path of what ever your trying to use/apply
parseFunc to

  will be taken as a reference to an object path [what the
> h..l is a reference to a object path] globally [locally would be
> possible too?] in the TypoScript object tree [say  we know what
> `TypoScript Object tre´ means, otherwise the entire proposition is very
> criptic]
fine but that applies for everything used in typoscript. So one assumes
that if your looking here to start with then your not just a  content
editor, but someone trying to apply parseFunc and therefore know what
the TS object tree is. If not than look at the typoscript object browser
to see what we refer to as the object tree, or perhaps thats to implicit.

  This [what is `this´ referring to? the TS object tree, the
> value above, parseFunc itself?] will be [future?] the basis
> configuration for parseFunc merged with any properties you add here
> [where exactly?].

to XXX.parseFunc = XXX

It works exactly like references [link?] does
> [plural?] for content elements.
yes plural as in more than one reference for possible a single or
multiple content items.

> If set [=? if usaCacheHas = 1]

yes useCacheHash - that the property we are looking up/defining so the
context would be implied! And if its boolean then yes useCacheHash=1
means its set!

> When the caching mechanism sees this value [=?
> ae83fd7s87]
yes what other value could be meant?

, it calculates the same value on the server based on
> incoming values in HTTP_GET_VARS, excluding
> id,type,no_cache,ftu,cHash,MP values. If the incoming cHash value
> matches the calculated value, the page may be cached based on this
> [former or latter?].

former as thats the item/object/thing we are discussing...

> The point is that you need some extra know-how to guess what is meant by
> a number od TSref descriptions, it shouldn`t be so.

I'm sorry Mario but all the ones you've given seem pretty straight
forward to me.