[TYPO3] mailing list archives - Page annotations?

Alex Heizer typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
Sat Oct 7 02:25:03 CEST 2006

When setting up the Jive forum, I'd asked about the old newsgroup and documentation annotations from the org list so that they could be incorporated into the KB section of the forum, but nobody had a copy. If there is a copy around of the annotations to the old mailing list and docs, let me know and we'll see if we can get them back online.

Dimitry, there is nothing in TYPO3 which can provide the same functionality and breadth as the Jive forum. When there is something available it would be good to consider migrating. This is also the case with the wiki, and that is another TYPO3 resource which is able to provide support and knowledge to the community today, rather than the alternative of providing no information until "something better" is developed. This is why the core group endorsed the idea of using Jive as a forum and knowledge base solution. Since Jive is good enough to be used on the enterprise level, and the Jive developers were gracious enough to donate this to the TYPO3 community free of charge, I think that even if you are content to criticize me and the work I've donated, you should be appreciative of the community being able to benefit from a gift of this magnitude from another open source-friendly developer. I believe that this attitude is detrimental to the advancement of the TYPO3 community and hope in the future that you can begin making *positive* contributions to the community instead of only offering unfounded negative criticisms of the work that others take their free time to contribute.

Cheers!
Alex