[TYPO3] Newbie here from EZPublish 2. I'm looking for the mailing list archives.

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Fri Oct 6 15:35:45 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Yes. Subversion and Mantis are right tools because we do not develop
> anything like this. We develop a system to manage site content. Using
> another system, while we develop our own, is a bad sign.

Jive is a knowledge based system, not a CMS. So you should put it in the
same category as Mantis...

> Nope, I should not. And whoever agreed to using external CMS, he made a
> terrible mistake. If a company does not use its own product, it says a
> lot about both product and company.

If typo.com was using Mambo I would strongly agree. It's just not the
case here.

>> All people complaining that the old typo3.org was slow should thank
>> Alex... a lot !
>
> Who complained? Never saw such thing here. typo3.org was never slow for
> me. And I do not see any difference in speed between typo3.org and
> support.typo3.org.

Back in 2004 and 2005. That's the reason why the mailing-list archive
was removed from typo3.org at first!

See also this official page:

Main part:
"We had to disable the archive for a whil because it stresses the
servers resources too much. However, be sure that our archive will be
back again. All mails have been saved since the beginning of 2003
(140.000 messages) and will be put online as quick as possible."

So the Jive solution is a nice solution provided instead of...nothing.

> Alex (who is Alex, by the way?), may be, did a great job but using
> another CMS gives a very bad impression. If we even cannot use our own
> CMS for our own purposes, it gives bad impression to others.

Alex Heizer did all the job AFAIK. And no, he didn't used "another CMS"...

Patrick
Proud TYPO3 promoter