[TYPO3] Extensions Repositories

Marco Gonzalez marco4t3 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 10:29:00 CEST 2006

Hello

This post is about downloading extensions from repositories with Typo 3 ver. 4.0.2.

When searching for extensions through the TYPO3.ORG website, there are extensions that are not found through the website's search engine.  In my case, using the search feature in the Backend's Ext Manager yields a richer result.  From my home computer, I can find a lot of extensions.

>From work, when I try to use the Backend Ext. Manager's [Retrieve/Update] button, I get the following error message:

"Error: The extension MD5 sum could not be fetched from extensions.md5. Possible reasons: network problems, allow_url_fopen is off, curl is not enabled in Install tool."

I've looked in the Install Tool.  Setting curlUse to TRUE does not address the issue, and there is no allow_url_fopen to turn on.  Besides, PHP reports that allow_url_fopen is set to TRUE.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Cheers,
Marco