[TYPO3] News categories tree not availabe in Relations after move?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Thu Oct 5 22:46:47 CEST 2006

Bing Du wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I set up a new typo3 4.0.2 and installed tt_news 2.4.0.  We are also
> running another typo3 server which is 3.8.1 and tt_news 2.2.24.  I
> exported the part of the page tree that has all the news categories and
> news items from the 3.8.2 server to a .t3d file and imported to the
> 4.0.2 server.  Web->List shows the news items and categories fine.
> However, when I get into any news item, if I click Relations, the
> categories tree is empty.  It just shows 'News category' with a globe
> icon next to it.  Nothing else.  And at the top, it has a bright yellow
> message box saying
>
>  RECURSIVE CATEGORIES DETECTED!!
>  This record has the following recursive categories assigned:
>  CoE%20In%20The%20News (21)
>  Recursive categories will not be shown in the category tree and will
>  therefore not be selectable. To solve this problem mark these categories
>  in the left select field, click on "edit category" and clear the field
>  "parent category" of the recursive category.
>
> I clear the field "parent category" as the message suggests to no avail.
>
> Any ideas why the problem and how should I get the categories connected
>  back into a hierarchical structure again?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Bing

I just tried again.  This time I selected [ALL tables] for both 'Include
relations to tables' and 'Use static relations for tables'.  There were
no more 'LOST RELATIONS' messages when I did export.  But after import,
the category relation tree was still empty under the Relations tab when
editing news items.

Bing