[TYPO3] No tutorials? Draft idea attached...

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Thu Oct 5 12:26:43 CEST 2006

Hey,

> Tyler Kraft wrote:
>> But new users will possibly still want to do complex things that are
>> far harder to do in TV in my experience.
>
> After some time - yes but not when they learn the system.
> I am not sure what exactly is harder to do with TV.

I found everything about it to be a complete pain in the arse to do with
TV tbh. (And I had been using T3 for 3 years and numerous site at that
point.) There was nothing that I particularly liked about it actually.
The greatest advantage I found was that for a newbie it was easily
possible to create bespoke content items, but then that's not that hard
to do in the kickstarter and TS if you ask me!

>> If they just want a plane, 5 page site, then perhaps TV is good
>> (although again i would find it much fast using MTB).
>
> Well, what about over 3000 pages, updated daily with new pages? :)

I'm talking about for a newbie to get a site up, not maintain or which
one has greater long term performance. (Although I don't think either
one  is better once the site is up - I do know that every user I've ever
had using TV found it a pain to use, constantly having to try to
understand the selection of a template layout and DS....)

My point being that if a newbie wanted to get a simple site (regardless
of number of pages) up and working quickly then perhaps TV would work
fine for them (again I think tis quicker using MTB method), but I think
they might find it slightly unwieldy also.