[TYPO3] No tutorials? Draft idea attached...

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Oct 5 12:25:44 CEST 2006

Hi!

Mario Rossi wrote:
> I don't know what's easier for new users. But I think there are two
> different approaches, a new user can have:
> - build a small website, use ready-made extensions, go online soon
> - learn typo3, build complex websites, create extensions, contribute to
> the community
>
> The one who only wants to build a small website in less time needs short,
> clear, simple tutorials. He doesn't care about different ways of doing
> something. Just give him _one_ solution, don't look left or right.

I think typo3 is a wrong choice for a small web site. I often see people
who drive all-road cars in the city only. It looks crazy to me (extra
gasoline, inconvenient for others, ...) but they are happy.

If I need a very small site (5 pages or so), I would choose something
else. It is not worth studying typo3 to make such a site.

However if I need to build a site with many features, different designs
(possible changing from time to time), necessity for mount points, etc,
I would go for typo3, no doubt. Right tool for the job.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs