[TYPO3] No tutorials? Draft idea attached...

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Oct 5 12:18:31 CEST 2006

Hi!

dave ashton wrote:
> I think I saw recently, joomla being up for a CMS award with Drupal,
> etc....Eh!!, How did they get there when typo3 is clearly better?
> Simple, a web designer can learn joomla quicker and easier, more docs. and a
> bigger community.

One remark here: typo3 and joomla has different target auditory. To make
it clearer: you would not expect phpNuke and typo3 really to compete?
Same for joomla and typo3. Typo3 is much higher level, it may do much
more things than joomla. It is for professionals. Joomla is, like you
said, for those who want to learn and something quickly even if he
misses certain features. It all comes to targets. Typo3 was never
targeted for John Doe who sits near PC 20 minutes per day and makes his
personal home page about specific kinds of cactuses. Typo3 is enterprise
level CMS for much larger projects and much more serious auditory.

Another comparison: Daewoo and Ferrari are both cars, both can be
driven. But they are definitely for different people. And Daewoo-class
machines will be compared only with machines of the same class. Btw,
Daewoo is superb in its class but it is not a Ferrari. Different target
audience. That's all.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/